Life Is Short

Life Is Short

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dream It, Be It!

If there's one thing I've learned in my (almost) 30 years (yikes!) it's that you really can have whatever you set your mind to!  YOU hold the power to transform your life and make it whatever you want it to be.  It has to do with the Law of Attraction (read more about the Law of Attraction in "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne.)  Long story short, over the past 2 years I've made some efforts to transform my life.  The change has been slow, but it is happening nonetheless.

As you may have read in my last post, I started seeing an energy healer a little less than 2 years ago.  Now that I live in South Carolina and she is 10 hours away, I haven't done as much work with her, but in the short time I did work with her I learned a lot about holding my intention and being the person I'm meant to be.  I hope to take this study further but I realize I can't have everything I want right away.  These things take time.  But that doesn't mean that I shouldn't focus on the things that I want in life and make my desires known to the Universe.  I encourage anyone who reads this to consider the possibilities!  

The Law of Attraction states that whatever you put out into the Universe, you will attract more of the same.  What are you putting out in the Universe?  Is it all the things you don't want in life?  Then expect more of it!  Or, is it all your dreams that you wish to one day make a reality?  Then expect more of that!  But remember, no matter what it is that you want in life, it can be a process.  For example, you may want to be a millionaire.  You may think, "No way!  That is completely unrealistic!"  But it's not!  If it's something you truly want, put it out into the Universe!  But the Universe isn't just going to hand you a million dollars.  You're not going to wake up one morning and your bank account will magically have 7 figures waiting for you. What the Universe will do is bring the tools to you to make your dreams a reality.  It's just a matter of you recognizing it and using the tools to get you there.

As for me, there are a lot of things I want!  Who doesn't?  But, these are just a couple things I have in mind:

1. First and foremost, I am hands down ready to be a mother!  Hubby and I are in the process of making this happen.  Again, it's a process.  But, I have no doubt that with our positive thoughts and some amazing people helping us along the way, our dream is going to become a reality!  We've even started talking about the baby as if he (or she) is already a reality even though we haven't yet conceived!  We are not allowing doubts to enter our minds.  There's no room for doubt or negativity.

2. I absolutely love being a nurse but I am already tired of living the life as a slave to a hospital.  American healthcare right now is beyond ridiculous to the point where I could probably write a series of blogs about it.  The fact of the matter is, I've already known there is more out there for me than just working in a hospital the rest of my life.  I've always had this feeling that I could "Be my own boss."  Even as a teacher, I dreamed of opening my own preschool.  That being said, I am putting it out into the Universe that I will get to care for patients outside of the hospital/nursing facility setting.  When I first decide to go into business for myself, I see myself working out of my home.  As my business expands, I may need to open up an office but I don't want to get ahead of myself.  There are 7 days in a week and, with what I want to do, it's entirely possible that I could work out of my home or, travel to others homes if I so choose.

3. I've always wrestled with where I want nursing to take me.  The beauty (and sometimes, torture) of being a nurse is that there are so many options!!  I'm still not entirely sure if I want to go back to school for my Nurse Practitioner knowing that I could potentially care for patients without it.  The downside would be the inability to write prescriptions for anything, including necessary testing.  But, I have realized through my own experiences and education that I prefer to focus on Holistic health.  I've decided that I want to be able to work with patients almost as a consultant.  I would help them learn different ways for them to take care of themselves before they get so sick that they need the services of a hospital.  There are so many classes and certifications I want to earn!  Again, all in good time.  It's hard not to get excited but classes take time and most importantly, money, and I need to pace myself!  Aromatherapy, yoga, Reiki, massage and energy work are just a few areas of Holistic health that I dream of dabbling in.  Again, I have set my intention to become an independent practitioner of Holistic health.  Now I just have to wait for the Universe to show me my path.

What are your dreams?  Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 or 15 years?  The mind is a powerful thing and whatever you want could be yours if you just set your mind to it.  Don't let others tell you something isn't possible.  I did that for far too long.  Stay on your path and know your purpose.  Know what's right for you.  Nobody else knows the answer to that; only you.  Dream it!  Be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment